How to Apply for an Internship
For internships at HQs, please consult our e-Recruitment regularly where we post available opportunities. Please keep in mind the following:
- There is no specific time of the year for sending your application for an internship. Please register your profile in IOM e-Recruitment and select the interest group ‘Intern’. Also release your profile for our review.
- If you have applied for a vacant internship position and you have not heard from us in the following month from the closing date then it is most likely that the post has been filled. You can check your status in the service ‘Applications’.
- If you have been interviewed, you will get written notification of the results of your interview.
- If you were granted (or could be granted) a scholarship or your internship is a mandatory requirement for completing your studies, you should specify so in the cover letter as well as the exact dates of the proposed internship. Remember to attach a letter from your sponsor or university confirming the purpose of the assignment as well as the amount of your grant.
- Unless otherwise specified, applications should be written in one of the IOM official languages (English, French, and Spanish).
- Due to budgetary and time constraints unfortunately:
- we can't meet with you to talk about internship opportunities.
- unless specified, we do not need copies of your diplomas.
- we will only contact you if we are considering you for an interview or a test.
For internships in our field offices, you can send your application directly to the office you are interested in and copy the Staffing Unit in the cc line. You can find the email addresses and the contact details by selecting one of the countries on the 'IOM Worldwide' box on the right.